- DO YOU KNOW! Germany is the most populous European country (Please Don’t compare with Russia), with a population of 82 million.
- German people are the second biggest consumers of beer in the world (after the Czechs), with an average of 107 litres per person per year ( A Big WOW ) in 2010 (or 0.30 l per day). If you are a beer lover then good news for you is – Beer is cheaper than Water.
- The German language was once the lingua franca of central, eastern and northern Europe, and remains the language with the most native speakers in Europe.
- 15 million people in Germany are of non-German descent (first and second generation), i.e. 18.5% of the population. About half of them are foreign residents, not German citizens. ( Warum so viele ausländer in Deutschland )
- About a quarter of all American citizens claim at least partial German ancestry.
- Germany has nearly 700 zoological gardens, wildlife parks, aquariums, bird parks, animal reserves, or safari parks, including 414 registered zoos (more than the USA) ! Berlin’s Zoologischer Garten is the largest zoo in the world, both in terms of number of species (1,500) and animal population (14,000).
- In 2006, the world’s youngest billionnaire is the German Prince Albert II von Thurn und Taxis, with net worth is estimated at around $1.9 billion (USD).
- The Fairy Grottoes (Feengrotten) in Saalfeld, Thuringia, are the world’s most colourful caves, according to the Guinness Book of Records.
- There are some 2.5 million half-timbered houses in Allemagne, by far the highest number of any country worldwide.
Lovely Reader Please do not hesitate to share this post with your beloved ones and take love from Germany(An ausländer) .