- Germans are the second largest beer consumers in the world, after the Irish (of course).
- Beer is officially considered a food in Bavaria.
- Michael Ballack does not like beer.
- There are over 300 kinds of bread in Germany.
- There are also bread museums.
- While it is called Oktoberfest, it actually starts in September.
- The first Oktoberfest was a wedding celebration for Prince Ludwig of Bavaria.
Car & Roads
- 65% of the Autobahn (highway) has no speed limit.
- Most taxis in Germany are Mercedes.